Wednesday 29 September 2010

Getting Older - Not so sure about this!

So I recently celebrated another birthday. Getting closer to 40 all the time! I've never really worried about birthdays before, but I'm not so keen on this one! I'm starting to feel slightly nervous about being in debt (and it's "bad" debt, not mortgage debt. Think credit cards etc). Can't seem to get it down. It's not going up, but it's not going down, either! So, time to come up with a few ideas on how to get the debt monster under control.

Firstly - list all the crap that's starting to clutter up the house! Oh, who am I kidding? It's been here all along! Anyway, I'm going to start listing up a storm on Oztion. Even if I only get $1, it is still $1 that I didn't have. Sell 100 items for $1, and things start looking a bit better!
I also have some larger baby items to sell (two cots, a high chair and a pram). I'm going to contact some of the baby shops that sell second hand to see if they want them. It would be nice to halve the credit card debt on at least ONE of the cards by Christmas! Think positive - it can be done!

Avon is going good. I'm starting to get a good little client base going. If I can start earning a bit more there, I can put the profits from that onto the CC (credit card) as well.

The kids are going good! Matt will be going into the "Alternative Classroom" next year (special ed). He's also started on Strattera in the last couple of days, a medication given to ADHD kids to help improve his concentration, where his main problems lie. Cross fingers we shall see a good result soon.

Becca is being very THREE. Any parents will get what I mean. If her behaviour is any indication of what is to come, I'm dreading puberty! lol. Well, off to make some phone calls about selling some stuff!

No comments: