Saturday 16 October 2010

Doing Something Just for Me

I was reading a wonderful blog this evening called A Tray of Bliss . It's author wrote about doing something special each day just for her. It got me thinking about something special I could do just for me, and also about some of the items in my home.

Most of us have what we call the "good" china. It stays locked up and hidden away only to be used when company comes over. And sometimes not even then. What a shame this is! I have a display case with some Royal Doulton and Royal Albert cups and saucers that belonged to my grandmother. They sit there gathering dust and never ever get used. This is so sad! Why are these wonderful items not being cherished enough to make memories out of them? Think of the wonderful memories that we can make using these precious items - a relaxing cup of tea in the sun, morning tea with a dear friend, mum or daughter. These items should be treasured and used as they were intended, not locked away never to be seen or admired.

So I challenge everyone: do something this week that is just for you. And break out the fine china!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

So how's that Tray of Bliss coming along? Mimi :)